Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sinful Pottery

There are a lot of sins in my studio right now. The fact is,
I'm dealing with all seven of them: wrath, gluttony, lust, greed, envy, sloth and pride. The reason for this is I'm throwing pots for a collaborative show with underground comic artist, Noah Van Sciver. He suggested the sins as a take-off point for his comic art so I'm knocking out some mugs that will celebrate these seven defects of human nature. Noah is an emerging comic artist and my oldest daughter's boyfriend. I've lined up a showing at Earthwood Gallery in Boulder for these pots and it will be fun to see how they turn out. Sales are incredibly slow in Wallyworld these days, so it's a good time to do something new. I'm feeling particularly slothful this week, so I'll let the pictures tell the story for now.

No comments: